Do you go on field trips with your child's class?

My kids love that I do. For some reason seeing mommy during school time is fifty million times better than seeing her at home.

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 5:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• My dd is in her first year of actual school with trips. They have only had two trips and chaperones werent needed. But Id totally go and I know dd would love it!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:17 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Yes. We usually have a nature walk in the spring but this year we are going to Tweetsie with my dds class for a Letterland day. We have already gone to two plays as well.

Answer by gemgem at 5:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• My dd is only 4 months old, but when the time comes, I would totally go!
    tnunley

Answer by tnunley at 5:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Our school does not allow siblings to come and I have a younger child still at home so unless I can find a sitter then I don't go.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 5:35 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• yeah, what aeneva said. As soon as both of my kids are in school I'll definitely give it a shot.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:43 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I haven't been given enough notice to get the time away from work. I would, but I need to know so far ahead of time, I doubt I will be able to.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 5:56 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Yes, I make it to all of them actually:) Fun for me and my kids love it!
    Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 6:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Never have. I have younger kids at home and their old school you had to have extensive background checks and a 3hr class which was annoying. There was only 1 field trip each year (2 of my kids went on the same trip) and they only needed like 3 chaperons per class.
    So far at their new school only 1 of them has had a field trip. But I have 2 small kids at home so I won't be going on any. I'm not the chaperon kind of person.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• No because ds is loud and just learned to run
    tirelessefforts

Answer by tirelessefforts at 7:58 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Yes, I went to the pumpkin farm field trip in October. SO FUN. I'll try for one a school year.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:43 PM on Mar. 9, 2011