Ok this is tmi but i need to know if this is weird...

okay moms this takes some explaining but hang in there with me ... okay so my 3 1/2 years old..recently hes discovering his weiner.. totally normal .. i dont make a big deal when he hides behind the couch and touches it.. i just tell him thats something he has to do in private.. not the weird part...i called my cousin who has an older son to see how she handled it..she told me she went through the same thing and that he still kinda does it and she explained to him that its a muscle and blah blah.. i said i feel a little uncomfortable talking to him about his penis and maybe i can let his father talk to him about it ..she proceeds to tell me no you dont want to let his father do it bc you are the mother and are supposed to have all the answers.. i said yea but its weird for me whats the problem with letting his father do it.. and then she said well you want your son to know that you have control over it ..and i said what do u mean and she said ( exact quote)you want him to know that you have first dibs over his stuff...is that weird... also i should add that when i said id prefer him to do it in private bc i dont want to watch my son touch himself even though i know its not for pleasure.. and she said no you dont want him to hide it from you.. my son does it in front of me than i ask him oh are you done did you have fun...

im sorry does this sound strange to anyone else.. bc it creeped me out a little

zperez0809

Asked by zperez0809 at 5:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think your cousin needs help. Seriously.
    Anonymous

• something just doesnt sound right with that whole thing. yes that is wierd.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 5:22 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• sounds weird enuff to me that my kid would not be alone with this cousin
    Anonymous

• I cannot explain how awkward it was just reading that. I think you know what do when it comes to your child. Just please don't take her advise!
    Andriya

Answer by Andriya at 5:29 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• your cousin does sound a little off to me. I did speak with my son about and so did his father only because we both felt comfortable doing it. If you don't feel comfortable then let hubby. My son is almost 6 and still occasionally needs reminded that he needs to do it in private.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 5:29 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• i doint think shed touch my kids bc her son is the most fabulous thing to walk the earth and apparently the sun shines out of his butt...this is how she acts...
    zperez0809

Comment by zperez0809 (original poster) at 5:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• That's beyond creepy.... Your cousin has issues.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:33 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Yes. That IS weird. And slightly concerning.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:50 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• That is disgusting I think your cousin needs help
    tirelessefforts

Answer by tirelessefforts at 7:57 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• There's something so wrong about that..OMG I would have freaked out on her..That is something a father and son should talk about..and a Daughter should talk to her Mom about female things not her dad.
    newbabystarr09

Answer by newbabystarr09 at 10:55 PM on Mar. 9, 2011