If you had a million dollars to donate to a government funded program which one would you choose and why?

I would love to be able to give back to WIC. Not having to pay for formula was a life saver and they truly gave great advice on nutrition for little ones.

mrs.coop

Asked by mrs.coop at 5:20 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Money & Work

• I agree with the WIC program... it really did give my family a helping hand when we were young... it also gives your baby the best possible start in life.

Reseach for Autism ... It was rarely heard of when my girls were young... I believe there must be something resently introduced into our lives via enviromentally, medically .etc.. that is effecting these childrens development in utero ...
    TraceyLu

Answer by TraceyLu at 5:35 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Head Start

Answer by gemgem at 5:21 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• It's not government funded but I'd give it all to NVIC (National Vaccine Information Center).
    Anonymous

• I agree with Head Start.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:43 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• "First Five"
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 5:53 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I would prolly break the money up and donate it too a few locally ran Humane Societies. Though I too would love to give back to WIC and Medicaid. I wish I had Millions because I would be writing checks left and right to give back to all those small organizations that help both people and animals.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 6:06 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I wouldn't give money to anything the Gov had its hand in. If I had a million to donate would give it to various local charities that actually give hand ups not hand outs.
    Anonymous

• The Clark County school district. They need it!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:54 PM on Mar. 9, 2011