I am losing my mind with my 5month old

He is 5months old and is just being fussy extreamly, he so far has had an early morning nap because he woke up at 645am. He has had very small bottles. I know he is teething but he is really starting to drive me insaine. I make him his regular amount and he only drinks half. I have been marking it down every time he eats and how much. So far he is at 21oz of formula. I have tried teething rings, cold wash cloths, tylnol orjel. and nothing is working he has gotten worse today than the last 2 days.

2boysyahoo.com

Asked by 2boysyahoo.com at 5:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• this was how my whole sons infancy was - except during the actual COLIC Episodes.. I missed the whole "cute baby" experience :(
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I have a 5 month old too! He will be 6 months on the 22nd....and I hear you! Mine has been the SAME way. And just about a half an hour ago..he smiled really big and I saw that one of his bottom teeth are FINALLY poking through! Hoo-ray!! LOL. But he's been doing the same (except I breast feed so I have no idea of the amounts of b.milk he's taking in). He's been really fussy and I try to feed him and he will only nurse for a very short time and start crying.He's been a major fuss bucket. I've done the tylenol and teething rings too. I just keep tellng myself..he's in pain..its not his fault...he's in pain..its not his fault,LOL. It is hard though...and enough to drive any good mommy insane at times. From one mommy to another..sending you a big HUG!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:56 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• thanks
    2boysyahoo.com

Comment by 2boysyahoo.com (original poster) at 7:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Ugh! Been there! My daughter would barely eat because sucking on a bottle irritates the gums. So, I would give her a dose of ibuprofen and wait about half an hour and then give her 3 teething tablets (either in her bottle or with a dropper). Good luck I know it takes a lot out of you!!
    Pilot_Wife

Answer by Pilot_Wife at 8:59 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• i have to say ur lucky hes almost 6 months and he can almost use teething tablets. My daughter got her first 2 teeth at 4 1/2 months. now i know she getting another one and shes not even 5 1/2 months. the teeth are going to pop out in the next couple days. just sooth besides what your doing. music helps both you and your son. humming singing, rocking
    minki111

Answer by minki111 at 1:24 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

minki111

• i can't find the teething tablets, i saw them once at Walmart and now i can't find them.
    2boysyahoo.com

Comment by 2boysyahoo.com (original poster) at 1:01 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• this too shall pass
    just do what you can
    we aren't miracle workers
    i remember thinking i was going to wear a whole in my hallway cuz all he wanted was to be held and walked with
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 11:32 AM on Mar. 13, 2011