How do I stop this "I do/I don't" cycle?

I'm a SAHM, and with my son 24/7. My 2 1/2 year old been in this "I do/I don't" phase for 7 months and I'm at my wits end. It goes something like this ( mostly when he's cranky): "Mommy, I want out of my crib! NO, I DON'T want out!" Whether I get him out or leave him, he throws a fit either way. This can happen with any subject matter, and usually lasts at least 20 minutes, but up to an hour. He throws these fits around 4-6 times a week. Please note: I'm trying to stay away from spanking him.

vixenmama

Asked by vixenmama at 5:29 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You tell him firmly where YOU want him to be, (You wanted out, your out, when you behave you can go back in) that doesn't work, you put him where you want him and then Ignore him. He may do it for attention, and to push your buttons. Try redirecting to something else... try .."oh no quick help mommy, i gotta get the wash, or take the trash or whatever, say hurry lets go lets go,, kids that age distract easily at times. Can't hurt. It worked for me. A bunch of times anyway. Good luck
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 7:42 PM on Mar. 9, 2011