Is it safe to dye my hair while I am nursing?

I am nursing my 5 month old. She rarely gets supplements. I will be turning 25 on July 19th and would love to have a new hair do for the event! Thanks for the help.

Kcadiz2003

Asked by Kcadiz2003 at 12:53 AM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• i wouldn't just incase everyone says theres no evidence against it but theres a lot of no evidence against bad things.your scalp is one of the most absorbent things in ur body and though it may not go in to your blood stream you never know and why risk it going to your child. So i would say no just to be safe no matter what anyone says its better to be safe then sorry

: )
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 12:56 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• No!!! dyeing your hair while nursing is very dangerus to your baby!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• dying your hair while nursing is fine...chemicals from hair dye do not enter your bloodstream....if you're really concerned, check with your doctor.
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 5:04 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• its not supposed to be dangerous, but why take that chance? in the 50s they thought red m&m's were safe too.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 8:15 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• checked doctor and book they both said it's FINE! Happy Birthday!
    mommy_kenzie

Answer by mommy_kenzie at 10:03 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• i asked my ob/gyn about this at my 6 week checkup. he said it's absolutely fine. by the way what's wrong with red m&ms? am i missing the joke?
    pinkbubbles79

Answer by pinkbubbles79 at 9:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• You are safe. If you are that concerned, then get a highlight. That way the chemicals won't touch your scalp. There has been no scientific proof either way that hair coloring chemicals enter the blood stream . Besides you are supposed to apply to your hair starnd and not your scalp.
    wilbursdaughter

Answer by wilbursdaughter at 12:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Its fine. I am a cosmetologist and Ive done it. Go Get Ur Color On!! LOL.
    musicbuddy1

Answer by musicbuddy1 at 9:44 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I've dyed my hair when I was pregnant.
    I think you'll be okay.
    cleverusername

Answer by cleverusername at 10:52 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Back in the day, the chemicals in hair dye were VERY strong. A lot of dyes today have more natural ingredients & low fumes. If you're really concerned, talk to your doctor or call a beauty salon. IMO, get your hair colored... and happy birthday!!!
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 1:01 AM on Jul. 16, 2008