OMG!! This just makes me want to cry.

How can republicans be so heartless?

Harry Reid on the Senate floor.

“The mean-spirited bill, H.R. 1, eliminates National Public Broadcasting," said Reid in a floor speech. "It eliminates the National Endowment of the Humanities, National Endowment of the Arts. These programs create jobs. The National Endowment of the Humanities is the reason we have in northern Nevada every January a cowboy poetry festival. Had that program not been around, the tens of thousands of people who come there every year would not exist.”

What will we do without the Cowboy poetry festival? Life as we know it, is over.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 5:44 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Dam! I was planning to attend!

Answer by gemgem at 5:47 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• lol, republicans are evil thats all. Dont you know that the Cowboy poetry festival is imperitive to the survival of tens of thousands of people?
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 5:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• LMAO the people wouldn't exist without the cowboy poetry festival

That is so damn funny!
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:53 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• How can republicans be so heartless?

How does this become a hot topic??
    Anonymous

• Your right...arts and humanities aren't nearly as important and subsidies for oil companies.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 6:17 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• the tens of thousands of people who come there every year would not exist

See, now, my husband and I have had discussions about what he  meant here. Does this mean that there are 10's of 1000's of people who are now here because their parents had a "Woodstock" moment at the cowboy poetry readings? My husband says no because 'broke back mountain' wouldn't make babies. I say, yes, because cowboys date/marry cowgirls. Does anyone know what he meant? 

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:18 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Ah yes, arts bad, special interest groups good. And who really cares about those people who put festivals together, and work the fairs, right? And cowboys who like poetry MUST be gay....

*rolls eyes*
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:43 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Was Obama planning on reading his poetry?! LOL :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• sidesplittinglaughter

OMG Lori!!!!! You made me cry!!!!

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:26 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• And cowboys who like poetry MUST be gay..

Don't get your knickers in a wad, anouk. It was a 'play on words' with the movie. I grew up on a cattle farm. I know they aren't all gay. Jeeze, do any liberals have even the semblance of a sense of humor? 

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:28 PM on Mar. 9, 2011