due date!

hi well my question is im 9 months pregnant and my due date is monday 24th,i haven t had contraction yet,is that bad?and my blood pressure is high,

does that mean that im gonna be induced?i ve heard somebody say that if i take a hot bath it will help for labor is that true?
thanks for answering

tigernina

Asked by tigernina at 8:27 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• No it does not mean you will have to be induced at all. They will let you go until at least 42 weeks if not longer before they induce you. Usually warm baths stop labor and you are not suppose to take a hot bath this late because if you have started dilating then hot water could get to the baby (or so they say) I would try walking lots of walking and sex. Good luck!
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 8:31 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I never felt a single contraction until 10 hours before I had my baby who was born right on his due date. I kept thinking he was going to be late but all of a sudden I went into labor and he came pretty quick after that! I never had high blood pressure though.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 8:41 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• First time moms tend to go a little late. It is not uncommon to not feel any contractions randomly until you are actually in labor. Walking can help, as can sex. Evening Primrose Oil is good for prepping the cervix.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 8:51 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Im due Monday too!!! I havent had contractions yet either and Im not dialating, my doctor said that we can go up to a week past my due date before we talk about induction. Walk alot and vacume have uninterupted sex for the last time for a while!!
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 10:32 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• My friend just gave birth and was 6 days after he due date. Did have a single contraction till 7:30 pm and by 6:39, she was holding her brand new baby girl. So contractions can just hit. Good Luck and any moment now!!!!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:46 PM on Nov. 22, 2008