Post Partum weight loss?? Ughh, will I ever be myself again? :(

I love my sweet baby boy--he is 8 months old, but I hate my new body. I gained a lot of weight. I started off at 130 and ended up at 186.....and grand total of 56 pounds. (I dont need anyone telling me I shouldnt have gained that much---I already know that. I had medical problems, and was bedrest-I was even advised to limit my showers to every other day)

So 8 months later (I am still breastfeeding) I now weigh 148, thats a weight loss of 38 pounds. So I have been at a sit still for quiet some time now--I work out and eat healthy, but cant seem to shed the last 18 pounds....so it is frustrating.

How long did it take you to loose that baby weight? What did you do to loose the weight?

How much weight did you gain??

Did you breastfeed (If you did, Did it seem to you that you kept on more weight while breastfeeding?? Or did you loose all of your weight while breastfeeding?).

Oh, and I plan to continue breastfeeding until my son is at least 1 year old...which is another 4 months.

RiaChristine

Asked by RiaChristine at 6:12 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I am almost the same as you! now my baby is 9 mos, and i am at 146 lbs...i was 128 before i got pregnant!
    i must admit, my diet has not at all been ideal. i have given up sugar for lent. i really hope it helps!!! i usually do lose a few pounds when i stop breastfeeding as well.
    i usually have most of the weight gone by the time my babies turn 1.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I have an 11 week old and I have lost all of my baby weight (28lbs) but it came off in different places. I mean some of my pants still don't fit. I don't think I'll ever have a pre baby body again lol:)
    ss1436

Answer by ss1436 at 6:28 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Most woman never have there pre baby body no matter how hard you work. Not saying you cant lose your weight cause you can just takes time.
    My son is 2 and I'm still trying (before I was half assing it) to lose it.
    red_head_mommy2

Answer by red_head_mommy2 at 6:36 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Wow not that you want to hear this but lucky you. I actually gained about 50lbs and was 215 at the end of my pregnancy. My son is 18mths and i have only lost about 26lbs. I work out i diet i just dont lose weight that quickly, my doctors even got me on something to facilitate my weight loss, and am still only losing about 2lbs a month. I did breastfeed as long as i could but that wasnt long since i seem to dry up quickly for reasons i'm still trying to explain and it didnt seem to help me at all.
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 8:17 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I gained 30+ lbs breastfeeding. My appetite was insatiable (I absolutely plan to breastfeed in the future-I'd rather gain weight than not breastfeed). I just stopped breastfeeding a year ago, and I've lost 50 lbs in that year. My son is 2 1/2. Just keep at it, and be patient with your body. And keep nursing!! :)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:27 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I'm 4 years PP with one and almost 3 years PP from my last, didn't gain a LOT of weight (under 15 pounds with each) but I'm still asking myself your exact question: Will I EVER be myself again? o.O
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 5:45 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I think all mother go through that question. My daughter is 14 weeks and is upset that she has gained 4 pounds. I told her the baby has to grow. She only trying to gain no more then 25 pounds.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 1:04 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Pregnancy changes your body, and most people can't get back to their pre-baby body. But you have done great so far!!!
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 1:55 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• It took 9 months for it to get there, its going to take time to get it off. I still have a little bit of pudge around my belly button and my son is 2!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:14 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I think you are rushing yourself to fast. To lose the weight you already have is awesome. I would just make sure you are eating your fruit/veggies lean protein..and limit your processed foods. Also water water water. I know there are days I hate water and days I love it. I notice the days I drink more water the more weight I lose. I think it helps flush that weight right out. Also if you are dehydrate your body will hold onto weight..
    Congrats on your new baby!! I say embrace your new curves and go get a few new outfits to show them off. I am sure your SO/DH loves them. Most men love the hourglass figure that most women have after having a newborn :)
    peachwine

Answer by peachwine at 12:19 AM on Mar. 19, 2011