I have seen many getting false postive or errors with digital pregnancy tests

is it better to get a old fashioned one or a digital one?

WildCat73

Asked by WildCat73 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Digital is the ones that actually say pregnant/ not pregnant and yes/ no right? I only like the ones with one line or two.
    edensgarden101

Answer by edensgarden101 at 6:22 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• The digital pregnancy tests have never been a problem for me. I used four between my last two pregnancies.
    I think a lot of people aren't testing at the right time or even properly whatever they use.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:25 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I used three digital ones when pregnant with my daughter they all said positive then a few weeks later they were blank? I had to get a cheap one to put in my baby book!
    edensgarden101

Answer by edensgarden101 at 6:27 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I have never had a false positive, but I have had a false negative. If the line is too faint to "read" correctly, it will come up not pregnant. My crazy self tears them apart to see the lines anyway, so I guess I would just do the regular ones.

And yes, as edensgarden said, if you want to keep it, go with a regular test. The battery in the digital test dies in about a day, so it wont read long.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:35 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I used the digital one when I found out I was pregnant with my son. I conceived on April 5th, and got a postive test result on the 27th. Seemed pretty accurate to me, even that early.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:09 PM on Mar. 9, 2011