Do you like your child's teacher?....my son is in especial ed and he doesnt have a good teacher,but what can i do??

marielena18

Asked by marielena18 at 6:22 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Adore dd's teacher. Despise ds's teacher. DS's teacher is there for all the wrong reasons and does not care about the kids at all.
    Anonymous

• Especially in preschool you might have a choice about his teacher. If the preK is through the Board of Education, call the BOE and see if there are options, or find the person to talk to about your concerns. Good luck!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:28 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I don't dislike but I am not pleased. We had the chance to move him but kept him where he was till next year. It will be the same school but different class room. He will be in preschool again because his birthday is past the deadline. His teacher is fine....just not excellent. We pay for excellance and received average. So next year we requested a teacher we know, from personal experince, who has the above and beyond skills we are looking for. His current teacher is nice, tries hard, and he likes her. My concern is his academic needs, how she handles his anxiety, and how she addressed our concerns when we brought them to her. She was never rude or disrespectful. She only called it the way she saw it from her experience. Only thing for her is I also call it as I see it, damn sure I know what I am talking about, and I make sure to get what he needs. We did it nicely but it took a few calls and one meeting.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:05 AM on Mar. 10, 2011