This is most def a TMI question adult content

I tried looking up the answer before I went here cause I just didn't want to ask. BUT lately in the past few days I have had a sharp stabbing pain in my vagina like the labia majora area. I have NO clue what this is.. I just don't wanna call my OBGYN cause if it is nothing I will feel stupid.

Punkslilncs

Asked by Punkslilncs at 6:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Probably round ligament pain, which is very normal. The round ligament attaches the uterus to the labia majora (on the inside), and it's stretched pretty far during pregnancy, which can be very painful. For some women, this pain happens early, for others, it can happen later. It may persist through the rest of your pregnancy, just be aware. There isn't a lot you can do, except maybe some warm compresses and a nice bath. Good luck! You're in the home stretch!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:53 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Oh Sweetie, ask your doctor. Its his/her job to answer all questions. It will put your mind at ease. Be safe not sorry. Good luck!!!
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 6:35 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• its nothing, just the baby resting on a nerve
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:33 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I'm 27 weeks and have had braxton hicks.. and my other child was preterm as well..
    Punkslilncs

Comment by Punkslilncs (original poster) at 6:34 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I had the same thing occasionally. It's annoying as hell. Haha
    sydash11

Answer by sydash11 at 6:35 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I had that a lot when I was pregnant with DD. I believe it was either braxton hicks, or the baby positing lower into the pelvic area. Maybe both?
    jaysmommy04

Answer by jaysmommy04 at 6:36 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I'd ask my doctor. I'd rather feel stupid and know verses not asking and regretful. Good luck to you. No question is too stupid to ask when it comes to the life of your unborn.
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 6:40 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I had that and it was just my son putting pressure down there... it was super annoying
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:54 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• im 37 wks. and i had these pains in both of my pregnancies, i never asked what it was, but i know that they are normal, and know a lot of other people that have had them also.
    shannonrenee09

Answer by shannonrenee09 at 8:43 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I never had half the things with my son that I do with my current pregnancy which is a girl. Husband jokes that she is grounded when she comes out for putting me through so much :P Nice to know that it is normal.
    Punkslilncs

Comment by Punkslilncs (original poster) at 9:59 PM on Mar. 9, 2011