I need help before I beat the hell out of her...

I love my DD to death, but she's killing me. She's 2.

If she's not sitting in my lap, she's not happy. If I put her somewhere else, she throws a tantrum.
I put her in time out, I've tried to console her...nothing is working.

I'm about to stick her ass in her bedroom...just to give me 15 minutes of alone time.

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 6:39 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• see if someone can watch her for an hour or so. You need a break. My son is almost 2 and I had to have his father watch him so I could sit in a hot bath and cry....
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:42 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I have been in your same situation. If you can tolerate it, leave her be. Ignore her. Eventually, she will get the hint that you are not going to give in to her everytime she is unhappy. If you can't ignore her, (which can be very nerve-wracking, especially if she is screaming at the top of her lungs), try to distract her. Distractions work pretty well, as long as it's something engaging. Maybe you can bring out a toy she hasn't seen in awhile or just start dancing around and get her to join in. Hope these suggestions help!
    jlassiter29

Answer by jlassiter29 at 6:43 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Awww I'm sorry mama....I don't have any advice for you unfortunatly, just wanted to offer some support...I really hope things get better soon....and I know you already know but it's better to put her in her room and just let her scream it out then for you to lose your mind. Sorry again mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 6:44 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Is this always the case, or just today? My son does that when he doesn't feel well, maybe that's the case?
    I agree with June_Mama09- you need a break- call a friend or someone to take her for an hour so you can scream into a pillow or do whatever you need to do to decompress a bit. We've all been there, mama. ((hugs!)) Hopefully, she'll find the fun in having some independence soon.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:47 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Let her have the tantrum, this shows her she doesn't get everything she wants. Try ignoring her she'll get the point and when she stops the crying explain to her that you'll let her sit in your lap sometimes but not all the time and when its time for her to get up for whatever reason you don't need the tantrum!!! Of course you're going to use 2yo language...lol. Good luck to you!
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 6:51 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Take her to a neighbors, your parents, or any friend you trust. No one should even say or think they might beat he hell out of their 2 yr old. You need a break. Or a cps intervention.
    Anonymous

• if you know nothing is wrong with her (i.e. sick, hurt, or just needing a bit of attention) then ignore her. let her have that tantrum until the cows come home! you constantly giving into her may be why she keeps doing this, because she knows you will. and i agree that you sound like you are really stressed out and need a break! we all do sometimes. *HUGS*
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:54 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• 15 mins in her room is perfectly reasonable. There is stuff to do in there. Its not like you're a monster for forcing her to play with something other than you for 15 minutes.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:55 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Do you have anyone to babysit or watch her? Just seems like you could use a little break away..lol. Try and cherish this time when she wants to sit on your lap, they grow up so fast.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 7:05 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• It will not hurt her to not sit on your lap. Let her have a fit. But do not let her sit on your lap.

Answer by louise2 at 7:08 PM on Mar. 9, 2011