Am addicted to foo and am gaining mad weight i cant stop eating help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• try eating healthy food. stirfry, sushi, veggies, fruit, soups. Put your food on a smaller plate so it appears you are eating more. drink more water because sometimes being thirsty can be mistaken for being hungry. If you just ate and you know you are just eating to eat go for a walk or do something to distract yourself.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:45 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I use food for comfort so I eat a lot but changed what I eat and that makes a difference.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:20 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I have the same problem, so I found things i love that i can eat ANYTIME i want food,,, first i was addicted to celery yes i said celery..lol i would put some salt on it and eat it all day long. After that faze i ate oranges constantly! I could not get enough, then it was popcorn, then cucumbers with a little oregano and red wine vinegar and parm cheese. yummy... I do not like many healthy foods but found a few i love and went crazy ..... Also try drinking a big glass of water when u are hungry or chewing gum, it helps alot. Good luck
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 7:31 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• do exercise and try to lower portions on food.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 4:27 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Been there.....WICKED hard to curb the habit, but it can be done...try getting "addicted" to better food =) (easier said than done, I know)
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 5:18 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Behind every food binge is always an uncomfortable feeling. Next time you notice that you are bingeing, get out a journal or open a word document and dtart typing. You will probably find that there is something very emotional bothering you. Write about it and then eat if you are still hungry.

If you can find a counselor that specializes in food addiction, they can really, really help you. There are also some awesome books.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 11:59 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I'm like that too, recently I've gained 15 lbs! from 150 lbs to 165 lbs! I'm getting fat! My jeans are tight and my belly sticks out, and I'm getting really lazy. Although couple of weeks ago I always jog with my daughters like 2-3 miles and during that week I've lost a heap of weight!! So I'm jogging next week!
    MomMellisa

Answer by MomMellisa at 7:11 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Eat veggies
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:13 AM on Mar. 18, 2011