Appropriate Phone Conversations

My husband has a female friend that shares the same hobby as he does (they met online because of this hobby). My husband works nights and is alone all night. This women lives out of state. He talks to her 3-7 hours every night. My dh and I lived in different states when we met (almost 9 years ago) and we talked 3-7 hours every night. Neither of us were married then. He says she has a boyfriend, and she has pictures posted of a guy and her on facebook.

My first husband left for another women and I ignored some fairly obvious stuff because I just didnt think it could happen to us. My current husband doesn't like me, so I know he can justify this. We have a school-aged child together.

My question is, is it EVER justifiable for a married man to be on the phone for that amount of time with a women?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Not appropriate. Start detective work now.

Anonymous

• Nope, it isnt justifiable and if he doesnt like you then why stay?
    Anonymous

• Sorry hon, he has a thing for her. You should start thinking about life without him.
    cerealmom2

Answer by cerealmom2 at 6:58 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• My question is, is it EVER justifiable for a married man to be on the phone for that amount of time with a women?

I'm sorry, IMO, it is not appropriate to talk to a female friend for 3-7 hours. what could they possibly have to talk about for that long? on a sidenote, the first indication i found out my husband was cheating emotionally with someone, i noticed late night conversations on our cell phone bill that ranged from 45 minutes to an hour, and text messages up to 75 times per day. always go with your instinct!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:50 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• If she is not family? NO it is not. Nip it in the bud now.

Answer by louise2 at 6:54 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• its never justifiable, that is one of the reasons im leaving my dh. he works 3rd so he goes into chats and talks to all these slutty woman who end up sending him dirty pics. im a lil selfish and dont like to share my man with any woman, he married me therefor i should be the only woman he is going to talk about hobbies interest ect.
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 6:55 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Not appropriate at all. Like the mommy before me said start thinking of a life without him, especially if you claim he doesn't like you and could justify a life without you. IJS!!
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 7:11 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• NO!!!!!!
    AmI88

Answer by AmI88 at 7:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• The only married man I can speak about is my husband and our marriage.

In my marriage. No, my husband spending that much time on the phone with a woman who is not family,would not be acceptable. Just like it would not be acceptable for me to spend that much time of the phone with another man who wasn't family. I can't imagine what my husband would have to talk about with a woman for that many hours of the phone, especially if this is a woman he doesn't actually know, has never met, and originally began interacting with on the internet. Even with a hobby in common, can 2 people really spend that much time talking about their hobby and only their hobby every night........
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Ummm honey do you really need to ask??? sorry but ...
    flowerchid72

Answer by flowerchid72 at 7:22 PM on Mar. 9, 2011