Walking a mile

I started walking a mile everyday . It was raining today so I couldnt go to the track plus I'm at work. So I decided to see how many feet I had to walk at work. I have a 16 foot area to walk in. So I decided to walk that 16 feet 330 times to make a mile. (5280 feet = 1 mile)
My question is .. even though I'm just walking back and forth 16 feet each way is it still as good as going to a track and walking ??
**I hope this made sense** :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• The pace might be different which would decrease the amount of calories burned but imho since it takes an hour to burn 100 calories the difference wouldn't matter much.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:19 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• That's great that it was that important to you that you would figure it out and do it. I think "moving" in general is good, but maybe because you can't get some speed going = not as many calories burned. Don't know, but good for you!
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 7:19 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Yes, a mile is still a mile, but you should add more distance as you go along,or maybe try jogging and walking.

Answer by older at 7:20 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• A mile is a mile.
    mamagoose524

Answer by mamagoose524 at 8:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Just be aware that the pace is not likely to be fast enough to get your heart rate up. It's awesome that you're doing what you can! Are there any stairs in the building? Those migh be a great way to work out, just go up and down them for 5 minutes a few times a day when you can, that'll get your heart going!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:01 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• good for cardio...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 4:26 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• It's good that you're doing what you can, like someone else pointed out, your pace won't be quick enough to get the heart rate up, but the "toning" benefits would still be there.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 5:17 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• wkg is very good for u as oppose to driving
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 11:55 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Yes, a mile is a mile:)
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:13 AM on Mar. 18, 2011