When was your last date night with so?

The last time my husband and I went out on a date was about 2 years ago, right before our kids were born. My husband doesn't trust anyone to watch them. My family lives out of state and all of his family is here. How sad is that? He doesn't trust his own family to watch his kids and I have no problem with it. It's just acouple of hours. What's the big deal? My twins are 2 and I have a 1 year old if you were wondering.

momoftwins250

Asked by momoftwins250 at 7:18 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Actually gone out? lol well probably a couple months now. We have every other weekend to ourselves basically so I guess we take it for granted. We are however going on a "date" Saturday. We are going to see Battle LA & than to dinner.

Answer by gemgem at 7:19 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Hmmm, ever since our son was born 2 1/2 years ago, we've had two nights, one was a Valentine's Day dinner in 2009, and one was the day after we got married, we went out to dinner (on Dec 11th last year). That's it, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:20 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Sunday. We saw Hall Pass at the movies. This Friday is his birthday so we'll go out to eat and to see Red Riding Hood. We go out every week alone because of our built-in babysitter, our 14 yr old.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 7:21 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• My husband thinks a date is eating. I hate to go out to eat. I would love to go to a play. Go to a museum. Go to a water park. The older we get the less we enjoy the same things.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:23 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• We went out on Feb 20th to celebrate Valentines day.

cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 7:23 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• My DH and I used to go out once every couple of months when our kids were little. Now that they are older we try to go out once a month. It was working great until our DD got really sick and ended up in the hospital last August. Since then we have gone out maybe 3 times.

One thing we did a lot when the kids were little was date night at home. We would feed the kids and put them to bed. Then we would have a special candle light dinner and either play a game or watch a movie together. It is not the same as going out although it still makes for special time together.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• We haven't been out without the kids in about 7 years, and only a couple of times in the whole 21 years we've been married. That's fine. I'd rather go out as a family. :) Be plenty of time for "just the two of us" when all 6 kids have grown up adnd left home. They grow up too fast.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 7:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Last night.. Every night is date night for us, whether we are going out or staying home.

When I son was growing up, we had date nights a few times a week (going out or staying at home).. For us, we realized that "date night" had far more to do with how we interacted with one another than where we were. We had far more date nights at home than out for several years (years before my son was old enough to left home alone).

Date nights at home can be just as fun and serve the same purposes (alone time, focusing on just the 2 of you, bringing about closeness..etc) as date nights out on the town. If you are wanting a "date night" and he isn't comfortable leaving the kiddos with someone. Create and have a "date night " at home.. Feed and put the kids to be early, and make the rest of the night all about the 2 of you. You can even had food, movies, dancing..whatever.. just as long as the focus is only on the 2 of you for that time
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• When DH and I were young and poor, date night used to be putting the kids to bed, picking a recipe out of a gourmet cooking magazine, cooking it together and then enjoying it over a cheap bottle of wine. Last Saturday we decided to do it again. I made Monk Fish Bourguignon and he made a spiced apple bunt cake with rum and ginger ice cream. It was just like old times except the wine was a whole lot better. We've been married 20 years.

onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 7:27 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• My SO and I go out every Friday night. We want to have "us time" before our DD gets here :)
    jaydensmommy427

Answer by jaydensmommy427 at 7:28 PM on Mar. 9, 2011