Need Advice:

Ladies I am in a bad mood my 17 year old handicapped daughter had a silent sizure in school nurse called saying it was a spell but when we got to the emgency room that she had the spell between 11:30 and about 12 but nurse called at 2 I hollered at her wait she says she just find out they were saying she was in and out not that bad now I had no transportion to get her to the hospital today to do her EEG and I sent her to school nurse calls she could not be there, because they had no medicines and they did not have anything saying she was released from the doctor.

Her aide and social worker brought her home went and got the medicine she is to take an hour before the test well I call to reschdule and it wont be until April first I called her neuroligist nurse said she would talk to the doctor but they have to order the test 3 weeks plus these 2 days of this week long time to miss school her aide said they cannot fail her I know that I am so stressed and worried I will have to call the bus so it wont come for these 2 days what do I do do I say she is on sick leave when I call the bus and I will talk to her aide about how they will do her attendance I need all the answers I can get because I hate this mood I am in I hardly wont to eat talk to anybody her birthday is next Friday suppose to cebelerate Saturday I wont to give up on that thanks ladies

blessed2877

Asked by blessed2877 at 7:28 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• You sound so very stressed. Relax, hon. Just take it easy. Sit down for a minute with a cup of tea and just unwind. You cannot change a situation by fretting about it. Do what you can for your daughter when you can do it and trust others to do what they can to help. Panicking about it never helps.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 7:33 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I think its really unsreasonable that they call you mor ethat 2 horus later after it happend and I would be mad too.
    I am not quet sure what the otehr issue is cause you just write and wirthe without and of thiese "." or ","
    Why does she have to miss school up until this appointment?
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 7:33 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• First take some time to just breath Mom.
    Stressing will make your lovely daughter stress too...so take some time (maybe a hot shower or bath with some candles and unwind).
    I agree with you that they should've informed you WAAAY sooner (the freakin' inconsiderate jerks...like they would want that done to them!)
    But now after you unwind...you need to make a list of how to handle the school and maybe talk to the school super intendant??
    Keep records of everything too on how they handle your DD. In case you have a potential for a law suit.
    The having to miss school is due to a "School Liability Issue"....they don't want to be sued if something were to happen to your daughter on "their watch". That's why she can't go back until her seizures are under control.
    (For those who are wondering) :)
    Good Luck Momma!
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 8:08 PM on Mar. 9, 2011