I have a 4 month old who is very cranky, who is very restlees, and is chewing on his fist, and slobering like crazy.I say teething. His dr. says he is to young to teeth.Then what else could it be?dr. just blows me off as just being worried mom.But he is not sleeping so if he dont sleep neither do i.

onesleepymama

Asked by onesleepymama at 12:57 AM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Find another dr. he is most certainly not to young to teethe, even my pediatrician said they can got through a lengthy period of teeeing (mine did) before they start getting teeth or they can just go through it for a little while and boom there they are. Some babies get them early and some not so early
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 1:01 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• My son starting exhibiting signs of teething as early as three months, but didn't actually cut teeth until now (he is almost one year). I would give him chewy toys. Does he maybe have gas or acid reflux. 4 months is when my sons was diagnosed with acid reflux and we were quite miserable for a few months until it calmed down on its own. Have you swadled him? That worked wonders for us until he got too big for it. Feel free to mssg me.
    unga

Answer by unga at 1:03 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• it could be teeth. in some cases newborns had teeth, i've herd of one month olds with teeth. my son cut his 1st tooth when he was 5 months old. but they say the average age for babys to cut teeth is between 4 months and 11 months. hope that helps. good luck and try to get some sleep. PS i gave my son ice bars made of 100% juice or even just ice frozen in a slinder tube. just watch him so he dont choke.
    Stroodle

Answer by Stroodle at 1:03 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• My daughter started teething at 4 months. All babies are different. I heard babies can even be born with a few teeth.
    Spooka

Answer by Spooka at 1:05 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• It is teething most likely. Are the cheeks rosy too? Any loose bowels due to incresed siliva. Put some oragjel on the gums-does he/she seem happier? My baby teethed at 3 months. Your doctor doesn't sound nice.... maybe time to find a new one.
    tazzygurl611

Answer by tazzygurl611 at 1:18 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• My little sweetie cut his first tooth when he was 6 mth.He started showing signs at 4mth. The same you mentioned. He didn't like chewhy toys just the knuckle of my finger (clean).That worked well for both of us till that tooth popped out. The others got easier. The teething gel or tylenol did good too. My mother had the same problem you're having with the doctor. Few weeks later she brought me in just to show Doc the tooth.Hang in there.
    callico

Answer by callico at 2:02 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• my daughter first started teething at 2 months old. 6 months later...she's still fighting the things to come in. but oddly...it's her eye teeth that are coming in first. there are 2 little white spots where they have just barely broke the gums. cold, tylenol, and orajel work wonders.
    Angelie04

Answer by Angelie04 at 2:20 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• hes not to young to teeth some kids our born with teeth i would find another doctor and orajel can make the kids not breath try natural teething chews or pills and try an organic frozen wash cloth.
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 2:27 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Yes I agree, find another doc. he's not too young to start teething. In fact there's been babies born with all their teeth. I say your right and he is teething.
    jvann1

Answer by jvann1 at 3:43 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• omg! i swear mothers are becoming smarter than docotrs....when my daughter was 1 month old she was doing the same thing slobberin everywhere chewing on my shoulder and fists....the docotr said no way its impossible for her to be teething i listened to her and next thing i know 2 bottom teeth popped out her next appointment i made sure the doctor seen them too....its never to early some children are born with teeth remeber that...my son was a late bloomer compared to my daughter he started teething at 2 months
    ShYmAmA08

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 8:13 AM on Jul. 9, 2008