Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what should i do

i have a child with another man and my husband and his mom are so strict on where i can get, if he know where we live and more.i am remarried and i dont know what to do , my mother in law is determined to break up her son and i

Answer Question

Asked by publix84 at 8:44 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Your child comes first. Your child should be able to know his/her dad no matter who you are with now. Your DH and his mom need to grow up and accept that fact.

    Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 8:49 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

  • nobody can control you! if i were you id leave, i cant deal with people like that.

    Answer by babiegurl47 at 8:49 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

  • Personally I would explain to them both that he is still your son and still deserves a realtionship with both of his parents just like any child you have with him. That you are not going to let them dictate how you treat your son, and if they are not ok with that then they are not the family and he is the man that you are looking for. And then walk away to do something and let them think it over. I am sorry that you are being put in this situation, but if you let this kind of attitude from them go unchecked I would be afraid what else they would try to force on you in the future. Good luck but stand your ground.

    Answer by vbongard at 8:53 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

  • do they have a reason for not wanting the dad involved i mean my hubby to be doesnt want my kids seeing their dad but its because their dad is unfit and unsafe for them to be with unsupervised and i told hubby to be that he can see them as long as it is supervised which honestly doesnt happen much and we are getting ready to move out of state i mean if there is a reason then you need to think about weather its a valid reasin i mean if they are just considered for the childs well being youcant be mad but if you dont agree you need to stand firm on what you believe, the way you worded that they just sound controling and if thats the case you should leave

    Answer by mommie2twogirls at 9:25 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.