Im getting induced saturday and

i want to hear if the fist time getting induced worked for you
and if it did work was it right away or did you have to wait houres befor feeling contractions?

liv3laughlov3

Asked by liv3laughlov3 at 7:45 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I felt contractions within 20 minutes or so. It didn't really work out for me though because after 14 hours and two bags of petocin (sp?) I had to have a c section. It works out differently for everyone though. Good luck!
    Pilot_Wife

Answer by Pilot_Wife at 7:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I was induced with my son Fri morning at 8,and had him Sat morn at 5:50 am. It can be a long,slow process

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• the first time i was induced... started at 11:30 monday morning didnt have my son til 7:39pm tuesday lol... but i think they were doing it slowly or some crap..
    i never felt contractions because i am a pansy an had an epidural !
    my friend had a month last month and she was induced an had her son in like 4 - 5 hours (i believe)
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 7:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I was only induced once with my 3 pregnancies. It is a long slow process on some women and on others it can go faster but inducing will make your contractions hurt more.
    Good Luck and Congrats,
    jesussaves58

Answer by jesussaves58 at 7:57 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Thanks :)
    liv3laughlov3

Comment by liv3laughlov3 (original poster) at 8:01 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I was induced on a Sunday nite at 8pm. I felt contractions the following morning but they didn't progress me. I was induced again Monday night at 8pm, and felt contractions off and on all day Monday, got really bad thru monday night,.. My daughter was brown at 12:56 pm Tuesday. Good luck!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 8:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I was induced on a Wednesday morning. Meds started @ 7:30am had my daughter @ 1:27 pm that same day..... It wasn't bad for me! I know I must be a lucky one, but you never know how your body will react to the medication....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:17 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I went in at like 7 they started pictocin at probably around 8 or so, and then 2 hrs later the doctor came in and broke my water, the moment he broke my water my contractions were horrible, usually people get a break between contractions, but i felt mine the entire time, which i learned is normal because of the pictocin, it sometimes makes them worse, and instead of starting them out gradually, it just brings it on right away, but i couldnt feel it at all prior to my water breaking. Then by the time i dialated all the way I only had to push 4 times and he was born at 3:23... all in all though, if it hurts and you want it, get the epidural, i tried putting it off, thinking the pain would get worse, but i didnt know at the time it was possible for it to hurt so bad from the beginning. and i finally got my epi. an hr before i delivered. good luck and congrats:)
    shannonrenee09

Answer by shannonrenee09 at 8:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• When you get induced you normally start contracting almost immediately. Wish you luck on Saturday.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 9:20 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I was 12 days past my due date and my doctor would not let me go any further. So on the induction date, we had to check into the hospital at 7 am. They did the gel on me first at 8 am. Pitocin started at 5 pm, contractions started almost immediately but baby's heart rate dropped a touch and they stopped the pit. Tried a lower dose at 6 pm, same result so they stopped all together. She went to consult with another doctor about options, I told her I was NOT having surgery so to look at all other possible options. About two hours later, I was still only at two but started having contractions on my own. I delivered my son at 11:49pm. The contractions were horribly intense but delivery went well and he was a healthy 8lbs 11oz. I should note that I could not eat at all that day....thank goodness the local taco joint was open at 2am! Those things have never tasted so good!!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:11 AM on Mar. 10, 2011