If I hire a private investigator, will they arrest him? adult content

I suspect that my husband is cheating on me and I'm contemplating calling Cheaters to spy on him. But I'm not sure if that's a good idea because he hangs around a lot of bad people with records for marijuana distribution. He doesn't sell it, but he does smoke it because he has a medical license (we're in ca) & i think he might buy from them occasionally instead of the dispensaries sometimes. Would they arrest him if they discovered that in the investigation? I really want to know if he's cheating, but don't want to risk his arrest in case he's innocent.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Why dont you just do some checking yourself?? My DF doesnt think that they can arrest him, but if the police gets involved, then yes he could be. Reason being, if he has a medical license, part of that responsibility is to purchase it through the licensed dispensaries... so if he is getting it from other sources, then he is breaking the law.
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 8:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• If you don't want to risk arrest, don't go after him.
    Anonymous

• Dont know. I personally doubt it cause hes probably not gonna do it out in the open. Like hes with another girl in a restaurant etc. But honestly if hes doing something illegal tell him to stop it. Whys he buying it form someone else? Cause he prolly wants more that the Doctor says he need. Which is bad. Hes old enough to know what right and whats wrong, he could get caught anytime.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 8:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• If your that worried look in to it yourself trust me theres ways of knowing but my best advice is if you love him and plan to stay with him if he is cheat and agrees to stop then dont even bother trying to find out b/c hell cheat again!
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 8:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• i dont think so. but who knows these days
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 8:27 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I would do your own investigating. Just act like all is well when he is with you then he won't be as careful as if he thinks you are suspicious. Then too if he is innocent you won't be damaging what you might still have. If he is doing something, you will see it. Become the PI yourself. It isn't that difficult. :-) Hugs and good luck.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 8:33 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I wish i could be my own PI. But the thing is.. I don't drive. I never learned. I was 16 when i got pregnant and never wanted to practice with the kids in the car since i don't have anyone to call on to watch my kids.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:50 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I didn't think that PI's were cops...so no, they couldn't arrest him. But getting it on national tv could be a good way for him to get caught.
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 10:35 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• PIs can't arrest (well, technically they could make a citizen's arrest I guess), but if cops are called for any rowdy behavior, he can be. If you don't know how he'll react and such, don't do it if you're afraid of him being arrested.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:46 AM on Mar. 10, 2011