What is the name for this object?

It is used for decorating, you can put it on a shelf or table. It is made of metal, shiny and it moves constantly. Like the two balls that keep bumping into each other, that makes them move constantly. What is the name of these things? I have to buy one and have no clue how to start looking for them online if I don't know what they are called.

glenndoir

Asked by glenndoir at 8:13 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Shopping

• Not sure. Can you describe it a bit more? Size? Is it just two balls? Are they free-floating or connected to something? WHat?
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 8:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• newtons cradle :)
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 8:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Kinetic ( I think that is the correct spelling) :-) Or try googling serenity decor
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 8:17 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• ok, imagine two metal rods with a ball welded to the end of each. The metal rods are hanging from a support and they act like a swing. When one ball hits the other one, then that hits back the first one and so on. The other type is the spinning type.
    glenndoir

Comment by glenndoir (original poster) at 8:17 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• thank you ladies, i was going nutts over this
    glenndoir

• ahhahah this just made me giggle =]
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 8:19 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I know exactly what your talking about but I don't know the name either :( haha
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 8:21 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• collegemommy, what kind of balls were you picturing in your mind?
    glenndoir

Comment by glenndoir (original poster) at 8:22 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• lol I googled ball swinging thing and my fiance looked at what I was typing into google....He's like Uhh what the heck are you trying to look up?? with this weird look on his face...lol

Then I said, I wonder why people dont take advantage of google like I do....haha he says cause they know there are people out there with nothing better to do than look up an answer for them.....lol
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 8:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Google image Pendulum and tell me if that is what you are talking about.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 8:38 PM on Mar. 9, 2011