Ever had someone cut you off while in conversation because a TV PROGRAM came on/is on??

my mom just did this. I called to update her on my son's illness,andshe rushed me off the phone because Idol was coming on! Ummm,the 1st segment doesn't even singing,what's the rush?!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 8:29 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• ps
    my mom watches the bachler show!!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:33 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• oh, mothers and their tv reality shows

how is your son feeling?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:32 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• no..my mom (82yo) will lay the phone down to answer her other phone..and i can hear the entire conversation. i don't know why she won't just call the other person back..she thinks its rude to not answer when the phone rings...??
    i've been guilty of cutting my dh off during Criminal Minds...he knows this is my favorite show, he knows when its coming on, and he will inevitably wait until the dialogue begins to start telling me how may scripts he filled that day, or about some crazy customer he had that day. i don't mess with him when BigLove is on..you'd think he'd return the favor. :))
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:36 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• *many scripts*..not may scripte..typos!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:37 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Peeps just love their favorite shows. My SO hushes all of us to watch Glenn Beck.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 8:43 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• It's the nice way of saying I don't care to talk to you now. I'll talk to you when it's more convenient for me. It's really bad when you know they have a DVR.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 8:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• One time, my BIL refused to put my sister on the phone when I called because 'our shows are coming on'. It was Two and a Half Men and it was a freaking repeat.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:53 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• My mom totally did it to me earlier when Idol was coming on. Whoopdee effin doo! My bitching and complaining is far more important than some lame television show.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 8:57 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I've had it done to me, and I've done it to other people. *hangs head in shame*
    I will say that I wouldn't do it if it was a loved one calling about anything important.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I am guilty of this just about every evening with my husband, lol.

SHUT UP NURSE JACKIE IS BACK ON. LOL.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 9:49 PM on Mar. 9, 2011