Selling your crib?

I dont know who to ask but I have a really nice bassett baby crib that is NOT a drop rail its a convertible 4 in 1 and was purchased brand new at babies r us for over $400 in 2008 just before my son was born. He now has outgrown the toddler bed part and we didnt want to buy the extra bed rails to make it a full size bed so we bought a separate twin bed and he is using that. RIght now the beautiful crib is sitting in a storage room taken apart. I have all the hardware and paper work even. I love the crib but wondering if I should sell it. THe reason its a problem is because for one, we wont be having another child or at least a planned child for at least 3-5 years down the road, and also we dont really have room to store it right now. I mean we are renting a house that is small enough as it is and if we ever move I have to bring it with me. I just have an emotional attachment to it ya know? I want to know how many of you have sold your cribs before you were done having babies?

djanowski775

Asked by djanowski775 at 8:37 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I you have somewhere to stor eit, then keep it. 3 years are going by fast even it doesnt seem like that. If you guys thinking about maybe having another on. But I trew mine out after we got a big bed. I didnt need it anymore and was thinking that I never wanna have another one.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 8:42 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Ya I understand what u r saying, I feel the same with my dd's infant and baby clothes and how cute they are, I hated to get rid of them!! Well if you do end up selling your crib, try posting it to E-bay our put an add in your local paper DO NOT use Craig's List. There have been people getting killed when the customer goes and gives their item they are selling to the buyer. We had a case here awhile back where a m,an met up with the buyer and ther buyer murdered him. Also happens if the buyer comes and meets the seller. Craig's List is a bad idea.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 8:45 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• well i would sell it at this local consignment sale that is coming up here at the end of march. That is where I would sell it if I did. Its just hard I mean I could always get a new one when I have another kid because who knows if we will live in the same town or not.
    djanowski775

Comment by djanowski775 (original poster) at 8:47 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• My husband says he's done having kids (refuses to get the permanent solution) and I'm emotionally attached to tons of the baby items we had. I started getting rid of things slowly...and then when it came down to the crib, i just couldn't part with it. It was already over the age limit...7-8 years of use with four kids and it was a drop side. I told hubby to put it at the curb since I couldn't part with it, but he was so busy so in the end, it just took up space in storage. I found some friends who were having trouble getting the essentials so I gave them mine...which she did her research to find the drop side issue and she disposed of it for me.

I'd suggest you look at a bookoo or a craigslist in your area to see if you can put it there...or if it's in great condition, make a sell on ebay. I'm not done until I'm fixed I guess as to having babies, but out of sight out of mind. It had to be done since it was so old anyway.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 8:52 PM on Mar. 9, 2011