TMI- funny story about 'female stuff' adult content

that's my code word for tampons and pads and all.

I'm 40 and to many people's shock and I am still menstruating (why the shock I don't know)

So I was buying some stuff and my DH was with me at the store. he was in line first, I was in one of those motor carts so the cashier girl didn't see me right away.

She's talking to my DH, making chit chat.

Cashier: "oh, how sweet of you, buying these for your daughter?"

DH:gives her a weird look, motions to me saying "no, they're for my wife"

she'd got them in her hand, looks at me and says

"you're still using these things!?"

what do they think, that everyone has a hysterectomy at 30 or something!?
BTW, people usually guess me somewhere between 30 - 35 which makes the whole thing worse :(

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 8:42 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Just for Fun

• haha..how old was she, 20?

if she had half a brain or an ounce of tact, she would've shut up without saying that last comment...thus, her immaturity showed.
    btw..i'm 42, and i still use 'em, too. SHOCKER!! lol!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:45 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• none of her business, lol.
    Only thing I was thinking is that if you were buying only pads insted of tampons, that the question was regarding that, as in you still using pads and not tampons
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 8:49 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I was buying both and pretty sure she knew it .
    I left out the part when she asked me when I was going to have my hysterectomy. that's not the first time I've been asked something like that. Seems that the 20 somethings and teens think that once women get to a certain age they all have one.

does this say more about sex education in this country, or our medical practices pushing things like hysterectomys?
    ItsMe89

Comment by ItsMe89 (original poster) at 8:54 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• im 27 and we think that by 40 ur done with ur period lol I mean we know some 40 year old celbs still have kids but they got money for all that. IDK I'm thinking 44-45 menopause sets in.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 9:08 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• She was out of line and I woulda shut her down lol
    MrsJStearns

Answer by MrsJStearns at 9:09 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• The fact that she even thought it was any of her business is ridiculous..but the assumption was funny. People are great at assuming. lol.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 9:28 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• that cashier had no tact whatsoever. very childish.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 9:32 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Why would the cashier evenhave anything to say about it? That is a strange woman asking those personals....
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 9:32 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• LOL. I'm 45 and have a baby!! Ha ha. I also have teenagers. It's funny how misinformed young people are, hey. I was at the post office the other day, waiting for it to open, and a young high school girl came up and tried to open the door. I told her it wasn't open for another 5 minutes, did she only need a stamp. She did, so I gave her one. Guess what: she didn't know where on the envelope to stick the stamp!!!

I'd have thought the girl in your story might have the tact and decency to keep her mouth shut though.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:35 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I probably would have lied and sid oh honey we have a 6 month old at hme just to see what she would have looked like. I hate nosey people.
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 10:36 PM on Mar. 9, 2011