What would you have done!? Some people have no control or decency..... adult content

So my 13yo son and I went to the theater to see Harry Potter. It was at night and no one but me and him were in the theater. twenty minutes into the movie a couple in their 20's comes in and sits about four rows behind us. So, that's when it started. I could hear them making out. Ugh gross. Smacking rubbing everything. I was trying to ignore it, and my son was watching the movie and didn't even notice. Well, I started hearing more noises. I got up to go to the bathroom and they jumped. I sat there a little longer....then it happened......I heard a zipper unzip, and you could hear her giving him a hand job. I jumped up really fast and turned around and busted them. I didn't want my son to know what they were doing, so I told him we were leaving. I went and told the manager what was going on. They thought it was funny. I was so angry. My child was in that theater. It wasn't an adult theater, it was Harry freaking Potter. I should have called the cops on them, but I didn't want my son to even know what was going on. It just happened so fast. Ugh, I could have socked someone!!

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 8:43 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Good for you for leaving. People want to believe their children have no eyes and ears sometimes....well that just isn't true, they take in a lot more than they will tell us.

I would have done the same, taken it to the manager. I agree that you really had grounds to get the police involved. At least you addressed them. That is absolutely inappropriate and disgusting.

You should definitely pursue this. At the very least demand a refund and contact the owner of the theater to let him or her know that this behavior should not be taken lightly or tolerated. It isn't their fault that it happened, but I sure as hell would expect a different response from the theater staff when you reported it. You had a CHILD there! UGH.

Rostoes... can you be serious? Use it as a learning experience for a 13 year old child???? A couple going at it in the back of a public theater is not the kind of education any parent should desire. YIKES!

spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:43 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• i wouldn't have left, hon. i would've busted them up and told them plainly and loudly they could move their dance to the car. heck, you paid good money for two tickets...it would've embarrassed them, and tough titty said the kitty, i would then have told the management.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Well I would have told management like you did, and called the cops.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:45 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• That is disgusting. Especially in a movie where there are children present. I would have been so pissed. I can understand people wanting to spice up their sex life by doing the risky stuff... but COME ON.. in a harry potter movie?! Just rude if you ask me.
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 8:47 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• That is disgusting! I'm sorry you went through that. I would've done the same thing and if they laughed at me, I would've asked for a corporate phone number.
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 8:54 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• That's disgusting! You should file a complaint! Go as high as you need to go and tell whoever you need to tell how you were treated! It is absolutely NOT funny and very juvenile of the staff to have treated you like that.
    Pilot_Wife

Answer by Pilot_Wife at 8:51 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I would have called the cops. Thast disgusting. I mean think about letting you child go alone in the teather with soem friedn maybe and then they have to see that!
    File a complaint with the movie theater. Talk to the manager, or call some number, like if its one of thoese big chain movie theater. Let them know that they didnt do anything and just thought it was funny.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 8:58 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• That's disgusting. I mean, I'm all about being naughty (but much more subtly) in a theater, but NOT when there are kids around. THAT is what makes it so revolting. And the fact that no one did anything pisses me off. I can't believe how inconsiderate and gross people can be.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 9:25 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Honestly, i dont think your son would have known anything about it if you didnt make a thing out of it ( you even said he didnt notice) ....

BUT , you are right... that is totally gross, especially in a kids movie.... I would of said something to them... I wish they would have been teens then they might have been more scared of getting in trouble....
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 8:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• OK, I have posed nude, worked as a dominatrix and phone sex operator, and I can't believe that!
    the making out I thought well, change seats. But a hand job like that? please!

sorry you had to be the ones to leave.
    Anonymous