HELP!!!!!

I have a question and I keep thinking about it and want to see what everyone thinks befor I ask the doctor on tuesday. I just found out Iam pregnant and I had an xray of my back about 3 weeks ago and did not have on that vest they normally make you wear. Do you think my baby is ok?

nikki10301

Asked by nikki10301 at 8:56 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I would think that as long it was only one time and being so early on that you would be fine, but yes i would ask the doctor just to be on the safe side and put your mind at ease. congrats.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 9:11 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• you're not suppose to get x-rays when you pregnant it can harm your baby
    analeaha4

Answer by analeaha4 at 8:59 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I didnt know I was pregnant at the time.
    nikki10301

Answer by nikki10301 at 9:01 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• thats what she was saying she JUST found out she was pregnant. well you might have to wait and ask your OB.
    Anonymous

• They are supposed to ask if there is any chance you are pregnant before you get an x-ray. If they did ask you should have said yes since obviously there was! If they did not ask, they messed up. I know it CAN cause harm but that doesn't necessarily mean it will.
    Anonymous

• That's a question for your OB... being so early doesn't mean it won't hurt the baby. The baby is in a crutical developmental stage for the first 12 weeks. So I'd let the OB know. With that said, she is right, it may not hurt it... so just have an u/s and get checked. How far along are you?
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:19 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• well, it all depends on your cycle. you may not have even been pregnant at the time if you are fairly regular and tested fairly soon after missing your period. If that is the case, then no,it wouldn't likely have hurt your LO. If you are not at all regular (frequently miss periods and the like) and have no idea when you got pregnant, well, then I am sorry to say that it *might* have.
    TempestRayne

Answer by TempestRayne at 10:37 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Just talk to ur Dr!! They will do everything they can to make sure everything is ok!!
    supermomof924

Answer by supermomof924 at 12:21 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Here's a thought. Depending on how far along you are at this very moment, you may not have been pregnant at the time of the x-ray. Let's say your last period was 5 weeks ago. That means the x-ray would have been two weeks after your last period - a chance that you may not have been pregnant yet. Just a thought. No matter what, tell the doctor and she can give you far better advice and proper medical guidance and care than any of us. Good luck!
    pullinkytink

Answer by pullinkytink at 2:22 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• thank you all!
    nikki10301

Answer by nikki10301 at 12:27 PM on Nov. 23, 2008