Do any of you take B12 for energy/metabolism? Anything else work, too?

I used to have a doctor that gave me B12 shots for energy. I started taking B12 vitamin. Havent noticed results yet. Anyone else use this? Anything else that helps?

huntin_mama

Asked by huntin_mama at 8:51 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Oh, wanted to add that I have a friend who takes sublingual B12 (under the tongue drops) and she SWEARS it's better than chugging half a dozen Red Bulls! I haven't tried it, though - she kinda scared me!! LOL
    5BabyBees

Answer by 5BabyBees at 12:08 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I have to take it due to medical issues but not for energy.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 9:01 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• There are new green tea extract pills that seem to work. One is Mega T, the other is Acai Trim. Both are supposed to increase metabolism. They also help to burn fat. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:33 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• If you exercise regularly, that can give you loads of energy. I feel a major difference when I'm good about running and/or lifting weights.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:53 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• multivitamine complex ask your farmaceutic...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 4:24 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Honestly, I just take a women's mind/body multi-vitamin every morning. It works for me as far as energy, I can do more in the day, stay up PAST 7:30, and sleep like a rock. =-)
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 5:13 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I've taken B12 before but not for that reason. It worked more for memory with me. But when I need an energy boost I take a ginseng. It's lasts about five hours for me and I can not take it too close to bed time as it will keep me up! It's better than a whole pot of coffee!!
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:43 AM on Mar. 12, 2011