If you love your infant car seat, what do you have?

With my first child I got a loaner from a friend, so now with another baby on the way, I need to buy one. What do you recommend?

vixenmama

Asked by vixenmama at 8:57 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We had a Chicco Keyfit 30 (pronounced key-co), and we loved it. The base was super easy to use, and they have great safety ratings. They can use it up to 30 lbs or whenever there's less than an inch between their head and the top of the seat if they are tall.

Now that he's a little older we have an Evenflo Symphony convertible seat, which we like but I'm not sure if we 'love' it. It's been a good seat too, but the straps twist a lot and drive me crazy. If I'm really careful to lay them each to the side each time I take him out, they stay untwisted though.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:08 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• As an infant carrier, the safety 1st onboard 35. All safety 1st products have excellent crash test ratings, and it had the extended harness weight of 35lbs, which most carriers don't offer. Now my son has the Graco Nautilus and I love that seat as well. It's so easy to clean, offers the extended harness weight, and has great crash test rating as well. I personally prefer the infant carriers. I know many like the convertible seats because they save money, but my personal preference is and was for the carriers because it makes transport easier. So I can't offer any tips on convertible seats.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 9:49 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I have a CHicco and I love it!!!!!
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 11:16 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Chicco keyfit - great seat that clicks into the base in the car and then clicks right into the stroller. We really like it, but at first you had to get used to the weight of it - I've got some muscles now........hahahaha
    Peggs11

Answer by Peggs11 at 1:31 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• i love graco
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 11:30 AM on Mar. 13, 2011