Tricks to potty train a little boy ...

I have a 2 1/2 year old son...About 2 months ago he was doing very good with potty training and was really only have an accident at night ... but then he had to stay with my mother in law all day, one day when I had to go out of town for a drs appt..... after that he stopped going in the potty ( she just let him go in his pull-up, instead of taking him to the potty) .......

Now he doesnt want to go to the potty...Unless I just randomly take him to it and he will pee.... but he wont poop or let me know when he has to go now....

He is only 2 1/2 and I know he doesnt need to be trained right now but it would just be a big help, and I know he can since he was before....

I know about the fruitloops ( for him to pee on) , but are there any other "tricks"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't know if its really a trick per se, but we let my son go around bottomless when its just us at home. He'll just go right into the bathroom and use the potty if he doesn't have pull-ups on.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 9:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• i dont ever use pull ups with the 3 i have.. i am currently potty training my 25 month old boy..i put him in undies all day.. he hates when they are wet.. which works because he tells me when he has to go... MOST days.. but it seems like when my older two get home from school.. he forgets unless i ask him ..
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 9:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I would wait until e turns 3, then take away the pull ups. They are just like diapers. He will never train if he is wearing them.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2011