Have you ever called your kids dumb, stupid or idiot?

Only bc they've hit our last nerve and you blow up...I know it's not right but for some reason you just want to scream and want to let them know it...ARG!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• no
    sunshinepraying

Answer by sunshinepraying at 9:01 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• no. now my dh? that's a different story...
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:01 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• lol ihave but i lol cuz i remeber my sister calling my nephew a dumba** one time when he was about 16 or 17 and he turned around looked at her and said well you gave birth to this dumba** so i guess its you fault im dumb my sister never called him dumb again
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 9:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I would never call my child any of those words!
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 9:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• No.

Now, when he was a pre-teen & teen.. I damn sure wanted to tell him not to do stupid things, not to make dumb choices or the like. However never that HE was dumb or stupid.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 9:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• No, even if I got really angry I never call my son names...I don't want him to think it's something that is ok to do when you are angry.
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 9:06 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• But what if they are acting this way or can not grasp what just was said.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:06 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• No way. I was called those names growing up...even by my own teachers and parents and I DESPISE those words. I would rather someone call me a B or a C or a cow for all I care. I have serious issues with those words. I am not judging you, I know the feeling. But you do not want them to believe that about themselves, so next time take a step back and breathe for a few minutes. I beleive kids who are told they are smart (or other positive things) become those things as they grow and mature. If they are told things like I was they will probably end up with low self-esteem and think other horrible things abo9ut themselves. I think my husband and I are living proof of that. My husband was rised in a positive environment where he was told he was smart and handsome and funny, etc... He is the smartest person I know, VERY attractive and has a great sense of humor! Sorry to go off on a tangent I just wanted to show you the positive/nega
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 9:09 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Yes, I have. NOT my finest moments but it was out of frustration. ALL parents make mistakes and are NOT perfect.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:09 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Me personally.

I have always treated my son like anyone else. If he didn't comprehend what I was telling him, I tried communicating in a different manner. That usually worked. I learned when it comes to parent/child interaction, how we say something, how we try and communicate something really makes a difference in regards to their understanding.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 9:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2011