Making a diaper cake- a few questions

I've read either to group diapers together with ribbon or rubber bands, which have you tried? Also have read to tape the layers of cake together. Is there a better way? One last question- what size diapers did you use? This mom has a big house so I was thinking size for a 12 month old but that'd mean she'd have the cake for a year-

txdaniella

Asked by txdaniella at 9:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I made one with newborn and the next size up. The larger on the bottom layers and newborn on the top layers. I rolled the diapers and just held them together with help from my daughter. When I got enough together in a circle for the size of the layer I wanted I then tied a wide ribbon around the entire layer. I did this for each layer, I did four layers, then topped off the cake with a little blankie animal. It was a giant hit! Good luck and have fun!
    WonderingHeart

Answer by WonderingHeart at 9:06 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Well i hot glued cheap brand diapers together and then tied them with a ribbon and just bought her about 3 packs of newborn diapers......
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 9:05 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• i tied them together with ribbon, you can use any size diapers, i think the ones i used to make one (2 years ago) were size 1. it was a blast making it... if i had the money id be making one right now for my friend's baby shower this weekend! .. HAVE FUN with it :)
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 9:09 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• oh you can tie the diapers by themselves to stay with a rubberband.. then when you get them all together use ribbon..
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 9:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I've done it pretty much exactly like wonderingheart.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:14 PM on Mar. 9, 2011