Food and weight problems :(

I am 33 wks pregnant and I don't think I am eating enough. I am only hungry like once a day and even then I can't eat alot, just a couple of bites. I never feel hungry but I try to make myself eat but then it just makes me sick. I don't really like meat and sometimes I will go for almost a week without eating any. I take prenatal vitamins but I'm worried that with as little as I eat isn't enough nutrition. I have gained about 30 lbs so far and I don't know how, I walk every day and I don't really like sweets. I have a nutritionist at the Dr. office and she asked if I got enough dairy and I told her I didn't think so because I don't eat alot of cheese or drink alot of milk, she looked at my weight chart and said she thought it woul dbe ok because by the looks of my weight gain it looked like I was getting enough calories :( I'm not really worried about the weight because I have always been able to loose pretty easy (it's my 2nd pregnancy) I'm worried why I'm gaining so much weight but not being able to eat much. I have tried the 6 small meals a day but that is almost impossible. I'm tired of every time I go to the Dr. having to dread seeing this nutritionist.

kayaiden8907

Asked by kayaiden8907 at 9:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Maybe some of the weight gain is water weight. Are you swelling at all like in your legs or ankles? Also, I notice my boobs get so heavy when I'm pregnant, I think alot of my weight gain is in those suckers! Have you tried the Luna or Lara bars? I think you would probably like them. The Larabar is fruit and nut. I love the Lemon one. It is awesome. Did you ask your doctor about taking calcium supplements since you aren't really eating dairy?
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 10:12 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I'm sorry you're going through this. Just think, it's almost over! ;-)

I was going to recommend healthy small meals or smacks throughout the day but I see you already tried that. Have you thought about finding a good protein shake or bar? I like Pure Protein bars, they just taste like a candy bar. I also like Muscle Milk Light protein shakes (pre-made). They're the least grainy, in my opinion.

Hang in there! I'm just a week behind you and if we're being honest, I'm miserable lately. SO ready to be done. ;-)
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 9:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Me too! I looked for protein bars but most of them are chocolate and I really don't like chocolate. I'm picky but it's getting worse lately, all I want to eat is fruit and nuts and potatoes lol
    kayaiden8907

Comment by kayaiden8907 (original poster) at 9:12 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• In the beginning of my pregnancy I couldn't even look at food let alone eat any. My doctor suggested trying to drink the carnation instant breakfasts, they come in vanilla ((since you don't like chocolate)) I would try those, you mix them with milk. Even if you make a whole glass and keep it in the fridge and try to take a sip every now and then, I guess they have a lot of nutrients or whatnot in them. Hope the next few weeks go by super fast for you!!
    cms310

Answer by cms310 at 10:06 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• do you think you could add some beans and veggies to your diet?
    i think as you get further along, sometimes the baby is squishing your stomach...making it harder to eat more. i know when i had twins, i couldn't eat nearly as much in one sitting.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2011