Not let him be involved?

I'm watching Degrassi Junior High...and there is this episode where one of the main characters is pregnant and the father's parents don't want him to be involved. I'm really annoyed with the episode, actually, lol. Why WOULDN'T you make your son take responsibility for getting someone pregnant?!

metalhealthmom

Asked by metalhealthmom at 9:06 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Those are the types of parents that think their kids are perfect and do no wrong. Those are the parents that teach their kids to walk away from their responsibilities.

IF my teen ever gets a girl pregnant, he WILL be taking care of HIS child. There will be NO other choice.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:08 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Of course.. Either the kido had to remain a kido or the one who forgot that all and the responsibility too has to be shared by him....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 6:32 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Some parents shelter thier kids and are ok with them being irresponsible punks as long as they are happy. Parents like that, like to think that they are making thier kids lives better by keeping out "bad" things. When really her son went behind her back, had sex, did it without protection, and got her pregnant. If I were the girls parents I would nail those people with child support.

Then again it is just a show. lol
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I agree! I am all for helping your kids if they make a mistake (that doesn't mean I would coddle my son if he got someone pregnant, but I would offer guidance and support for both him AND his child's mother) but I really feel like its doing your son a disservice if you try to keep them from not being involved with their child. You're not raising a man at that point!
    metalhealthmom

Comment by metalhealthmom (original poster) at 1:45 PM on Mar. 10, 2011