Do you long to live off the grid away from it all?

My dream! Of course, I'd still interact with others. I love people. I just love simplicity and the quiet pace.

Ruthmom802

Asked by Ruthmom802 at 9:07 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I agree!
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 9:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I'd LOVE that, but we'd have to keep our internet !! :D
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:12 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Yes!
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 9:13 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• You and me both sweetie. I yearn for this ever since I had my 1st child.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 9:14 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• No.

I have lived that way.. Actually, I've lived where there is no such thing as "the grid"..lol Way out in villages in the middle of nowhere in India, with no such thing as electricity, indoor plumbing, running water, stores...etc.. I have no desire to live that way again..
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 9:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I would like to keep my indoor plumbing etc and live off the grid at the same time. We have a well and septic so already off the grid there, but I would love to make enough of our own electricity to not need the power company. Sadly though we need internet due to our business so that would still be on the grid. We currently recycle all of our garbage that doesn't burn or compost too so no garbage pick up here either. We also heat with wood that we collect ourselves.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:19 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I feel like in many aspects, I do. The closest town has one tiny store. We are out in the middle of nowhere surrounded by nature, fields and flowers ( in season). We do have a few neighborhood farmers somewhat close, but have a very serene existence. Life is good. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:29 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• No. I get creeped out if I feel too isolated. I cherish my privacy but still don't like the thought of being completely secluded out in the middle of nowhere.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:34 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I would love that
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 9:40 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• no, but i would love to
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 9:44 PM on Mar. 9, 2011