Does it irritate you how people park their vehicles?

I've been driving since June of last year. I'm sure my parking jobs piss people off b/c most of the time, no one parks near me...which is fine since I'm still worried when I'm backing out of a space. I stay within my lines, but I am still a squeeze to get in and out or I'll be on the lines. I've parked where I'm backing out and pulling in at least 3x before I give up and either find another spot or just turn the engine off...which leaves for a crappy parking job. All I can think of is, "hey, at least I'm within my lines."

Not like I do it on purpose, just needing to get in and get out so others can have my space when I'm done. Just wondering if it irritates or drives people bonkers on how others park.

Imortlmommy

Asked by Imortlmommy at 9:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Travel

• I hate when they take two spaces up for two motorcycles... the can fit into one!
    janieishappy

Answer by janieishappy at 9:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• The only thing that slightly annoys me is when they have a 'nice' car and park diagonally taking up two spots so that others can not get near their car. I'm always tempted to park diagonally right next to them.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:17 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Only when I can't get my baby in! This guy at my dd's preschool parks RIGHT NEXT TO ME, knows I'm coming with the baby and parks to where I can't get her in on her side. I was so irritated.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 9:18 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• yes, i get irritated with people parking too close to the line
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 9:22 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• it just bugs me when ppl park in small parking spaces that say for compact cars and they have a BIG ass SUV or truck. i mean come on ppl!
    proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 9:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• i've been known to leave nasty notes on their windshields when they park on the line, or over it into my space, so much that i can't open my car door.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:26 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Not at all. I was a beginner a few years ago and I know many are too. You will get the hand of it in no time. If you are concerned you can go to Home Depot and purchase the orange cones and have someone practice with you. This worked for me and now I can parrellel park like a pro. Good luck
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 9:26 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• It only annoys me if they are not in their own space or are so close to the edge of the line that there is no way to open a car door on that side.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• yeeees! Whenever I get a new car people aaalways bump into it with their doors and such because they park like such idiots. You may not give a crap about how YOUR car looks, but I'll still respect it. do the same to mine!
    spastic_poodle

Answer by spastic_poodle at 9:55 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I understand if someone parks on the lines because someone next to them is parked all crooked, but it annoys me when people park diagonal in a spot. Especially in a front spot. I'm guilty of leaving post it notes on peoples cars telling them to learn to park better. I think its just rude to park diagonal in 2 spots because you don't want your car to get dinged. If its that big of a deal then park in the back of the lot and walk. I know that sounds really b*tchy =\
    cms310

Answer by cms310 at 10:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2011