Anyone had a 3D/4D ultrasound?

I think that I am going to get one in about 3 weeks. Has anyone here had one? Are they really as detailed as people say they are?

neecie1986

Asked by neecie1986 at 9:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• yes! its crazy...
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• They are amazing! I had a 3D and could see what my DD was going to look like (for the most part) before she was born.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 9:17 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I had one done for medical reasons but it was still really cool. I think its definitely worth it if you have the extra money to spend. It was really exciting even though it was a nerve wracking time for us.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 9:23 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• We had a 4D done at 29 weeks and it was so cool! Much more detailed than a regular ultrasound. I didn't want to leave, I just wanted to keep looking at him =)
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 9:36 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• i was twenty-eight weeks along, and they were just beautiful. very detailed. they shot a video of the whole session, and we got to see her smile, yawn, play with the umbilical cord, and drink fluid. there were several shots that were taken that literally made me gasp - she looked so much like on of dh's baby pictures. when she came out, she looked exactly like it was shown in the ultrasound.
    i would recommend waiting until you're pretty far along (i think six or seven months is perfect.) that way they're "human" looking. but don't do it in the last month, because they have a tendency to look "squished". i had one done for medical reasons like two weeks before she was born, and it just wasn't the same lol. also, i drank a dr pepper right before, so the caffeine would make her very active. i felt so bad, but it was worth it! pm me and i'll show you a few of them, if you like
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 9:40 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I will be about 33 weeks when I get it done. That was the soonest that I could do it. Do you think it is too far along?
    neecie1986

Comment by neecie1986 (original poster) at 9:42 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Here are my three favorite pictures from our ultrasound this past Sunday. I am 32 weeks today so I was about 31 1/2 at the time.  My mom bought the package deal for us as a gift or we wouldn't have been able to get one.

I love how detailed it was!!!  She looks just like my husband, chubby cheeks and thick lips.  It was great to see her smile, too.  And that first picture cracks me up.  She's already got quite a personality!

I would totally recommend it if you can afford it.

EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 10:39 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• yes!!! they are so awesome.... i did it with this pregnancy, i now wish i could have done them with all my others!
    Heather0583

Answer by Heather0583 at 11:57 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Yes!!! Totally worth the money!

Don't forget to drink A LOT of water starting 24 hours before!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 12:02 AM on Mar. 14, 2011