Dark wall color question

With a dark brown wall color, do you leave your light switches white?

txdaniella

Asked by txdaniella at 9:21 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Something I think looks really good and provides not such a sharp contrast is to use brushed nickel plates, if you have nickel or silver elsewhere in the decor. The white can end up looking very stark against the color (but that can also depend on the overall decor of the room). I just wanted to throw out there that you don't have to choose between matching the paint or going white. There are other options.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:32 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• it depends on the color of the trim/moulding. sometimes the finishes of doorhandles/knobs can help determine the type/style of switchplates. all our trim/moulding is a creamy ivory, so white plates work fine.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• My walls are dark red, and I left the switches white. I think it looks neat and clean.
    neecie1986

Answer by neecie1986 at 9:23 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I have some dark brown accents walls in my house, and i did leave the light switches and the trim along the floor white. I have that consistant all through the house, regardless of the wall colour.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:25 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I would personally, but that is just my opinion....
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 9:27 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I would
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 9:39 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I bought decorative switch covers for ours beacuse I didn't like the look of the plain ones against our walls. I choose an antique bronze so that they matched out other fixtures.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:21 PM on Mar. 10, 2011