WYR: An under mount sink or vessel sink in the bathroom?

Ready to remodel my bathroom and like the look of the vessel sink. Any one have vessel sinks? Pros and cons

Librarylady60

Asked by Librarylady60 at 9:33 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I LOVE the vessel sinks. I am going to be remodeling my house in a few months, and I am getting one for sure. This is the one that I want to get
    http://www.conciergematch.com/home-2/bathroom-vessel-sinks-and-matching-vanities/
    neecie1986

Answer by neecie1986 at 9:37 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• vessel sink
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 9:38 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• That link did not post right. anyways, it is a glass one, with a unique glass spout.
    neecie1986

Answer by neecie1986 at 9:38 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I love the look of a vessel sink, but I think I prefer the undermount for practical purposes. My dad got a vessel sink for his powder room and everytime you turn the water on, it splashes up the sides of the round vessel. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if the sink were deeper or it were a square vessel, but the one he has makes more of a mess which is something I don't need.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Thanks, that is the kind of info i need.
    Librarylady60

Comment by Librarylady60 (original poster) at 9:43 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I love the look of a vessel sink in someone else's bathroom. But for my master bathroom, we need the room of a double sink/ countertop combo. We have a solid surface counter top.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:23 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• We just remodeled our bathroom and put in a vessel sink.  I had heard of the problem with the water splashing back over the rim so we bought a faucet designed for vessel sinks.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• We bought a vessel for our bathroom and it's so pretty. You have to make sure you get the right faucet to go with it, but they look so much better than the undermount.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:20 PM on Mar. 10, 2011