What do you do to eliminate pms symptoms?

The week before is terrible for me.

Ruthmom802

Asked by Ruthmom802 at 9:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Health

• Well luckily I am not having mine right now (prego) but I used to eat bananas, and take one midol and one advil together when the cramps got really bad. Warm baths worked great too!
    neecie1986

Answer by neecie1986 at 9:46 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• The cramps are controlled with ibuprofen and the mood swings are ridiculous. If anyone has a remedy for those please let me know.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Nothing I do completely eliminates it, but some things I try to do for PMS (and life in general) are:
    -exercise
    -fresh air and sunshine, weather permitting
    -try to get plenty of sleep (challenging for me, as my hormones disrupt my sleep)
    -keep salt intake low
    -try to eat as "cleanly" as possible (lots of fresh, whole fruits and veggies)

Again, these don't completely eradicate my pms, but I think I'd feel much worse, both during pms and in general if I didn't do these things.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:52 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I just started taking a supplement that is supposed to help...haven't been taking it long enough to know if it's making a difference or not. I've also heard magnesium, as far as cramping goes.
    Anonymous

• either take something over the counter or talk with your doctor
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:53 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Keep a healthy diet, take my vitamins, drink plenty of water and pray.
    ShellyRo

Answer by ShellyRo at 2:07 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• oh my gosh i just found this new stuff at the dollar store and it actually worked! here ill go get it...its called....creation's garden-health and nature intended-female formula- menstral relief-menstral cramps (20 vegetable capsules) it contains rasberry leaf, black haw, squaw vine, crampbark, white willow bark, chaste tree bark, ginger root, and bioperine....i have another one by the same brand but its called PMS relief instead of menstral relief. it has simular ingredients but a little different. i was skeptical at first but i was in so much pain i was desparate for something new, and i'm telling you this stuff really worked for me and each bottle was one dollar! hope u find it peace
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 11:39 PM on Mar. 10, 2011