Why does he shriek? Is this normal?

My son will be 4 months next week and recently he started screaming instead of crying or fussing to get my attention. He rarely crys at all anymore he just lets out one big yell and waits for me to respond! Then he laughs and smiles when I give him what he wants. Is that normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Very annoying and very normal.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 9:10 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I'd much rather hear shrieking than crying. my daughter is almost 4 months also, and she's been doing it for a little while now.
    JDanesMommy

Answer by JDanesMommy at 9:27 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• So normal. My daughter would actually cough because she knew my husband and I would stop whatever we were doing and look. It was so fake but so cute. That was around 5 months but before then yes the loud screaming. Don’t worry it’s just a faze.
    Nikkisabella

Answer by Nikkisabella at 10:49 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• yes it get's your attention, He is now learning what he can do to get ur attn. watch out what u give him attn for.
    supermomof924

Answer by supermomof924 at 12:11 AM on Nov. 23, 2008