How often do you try new fruit?

I think I am stuck with what I grew up with: grapes, cherries, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, apples, pears, oranges, peaches, bananas, pineapple, etc.

I see aisles of other fruits that I "should" try because the worst that could happen if I buy one is that I wouldn't like it and maybe be out a couple bucks (which we can afford). I think the most adventurous we have been is trying mangos, papayas, and some of the different juices that have things like pomegranate and guava.

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:43 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I've tried every new fruit I've ever seen, and I like most. If I ever come across one I've never had, it goes straight into my grocery cart, even if it's a bit expensive. Love to try new things.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I don't know if I just had everything when I was growin up, or if there isn't a huge variety in our area stores, but I haven't seen anything new to me in years. I'd love to try new stuff but I think I'm about out of new stuff, lol!
    Anonymous

• I have recently tried dragon fruit and passion fruit.  Passion fruit is surprisingly good considering it looks like a spoonful of snot.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:52 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I think it's been a while since I tried something new, but I think I haven't seen anything new to me in a while. I was disappointed with jackfruit and some uncommon melons, but it's not like I was scarred by the experience.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:55 AM on Mar. 10, 2011