How far do you live from your OB's office and the hospital you will be delivering in?

My OB's office used to be about 2 miles from my house, and the hospital, less than a mile. Now he has moved an hour away, and is just down the street from that hospital.

I hate it! The drives for appointments are a little annoying, but the drive to the hospital just makes me nervous!

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:46 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• When I was pregnant my ob was about 15 minutes away and the hospital was about 45. I would have liked to be closer, but I love that hospital.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 10:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I am bout 15--20 minutes from m OB. I used to go to one further away but I switched because of the distance
    neecie1986

Answer by neecie1986 at 9:47 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• i lived 5 minutes from my doc and hospital
    Dani3lla

Answer by Dani3lla at 9:56 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I live about an hour to an hour and a half drive.. from the doctors office and the hospital is 3 blocks away from him.. BUT I am extremely high risk and he basically is one of the only people who would take me.. others were too worried about my condition and that hospital is one of the best in houston so I am happy. I mean hate the drive but I knit on the way so it is okay.
    Punkslilncs

Answer by Punkslilncs at 10:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• we lived in hour away from both doc an hospital.. closet one !
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 10:11 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• my ob's office was about 15 minutes away and i decided i wanted to deliver my ds at the same hospital i was born at so we drove 45 minutes to the hospital after my water broke
    lashes325

Answer by lashes325 at 11:44 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• (dd is 4yo now)..
    My dr's office was in the hospital i was delivering at... they are across the stree from my neighborhood! :-) ... So it usually takes longer to park than it does to get there. lol..
    id leave about 10min before apt. time.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• 70 miles is the closest place that will deliver babies around here. The local clinics/MDs stopped doing deliveries because their facilities couldn't afford the insurance anymore.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 12:37 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• We just moved closer without meaning to.. I used to be about 20 minutes away and now I'm like five... my ob is just right across the street from my hospital. It's a good thing for my husband because it's our first and I think it eases the stress a bit knowing we're just around the corner.
    soulmeetsbody19

Answer by soulmeetsbody19 at 1:52 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• 30 min without traffic.

my husband's doctor got a speeding ticket on the way to deliver him because he was in a different county
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 9:02 AM on Mar. 10, 2011