Please, only if you believe in spirits. My son did something strange last night...

My son is 3. He's usually pretty independent. Never co slept, and he doesn't talk much either. He also sleeps really well. I do believe in spirits, and I have had some experiences. But I also know kids minds can take them places as well. At two in the morning he ran really fast across the house screaming. My husband grabbed him and brought him in our room. He was laying there gasping and huffing and puffing for 30 minutes until he went back to sleep. We tried to put him in his own bed and he dug his fingers into my husband and held on. So we let him sleep with us.

This morning I asked him what happened. He told me black ghosts with yellow eyes were standing by his bed and he ran through them fast to get to me. I was shocked to hear him talk like this. It's not typical of him. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but it really rubbed me the wrong way. What do you think?

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 9:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• oh poor baby. i would make sure to cleanse the house asap use some sage some holy water walk around and say prayers read the bible aloud get a priest something. keep a nite light on in the room also i dont know if it will help but its an idea. i know some nite i feel uneasy and my hubby isnt home ill sleep with my bed lamp on. its just comforting.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 10:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I believe in them and I would believe your son. Like other people have said I would find someone to cleanse the house without worrying your son. I hope everything goes okay.
    kvanness0824

Answer by kvanness0824 at 10:06 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• It also could have just been a very vivid dream. That happens to me sometimes even as an adult. I have dreams that seem very real & scary even though later I realize it was just a dream. A child sometimes can't distinguish what a "dream" is.
    Anonymous

• i was told that the 'black' ghosts were the undeciphered souls... but i have never heard the yellow eyes tho.. i would do some research about it and see what you can do.. poor baby! .. i would never go back into my house if I saw that!!

3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 10:23 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I'd be freaked out. I've had "visitors" before, and so I believe in them. What type of history does your house have? Murders, deaths, etc? Keep an eye out and if nothing happens again, let it go to wild dreams, if it keeps going on, maybe find a religious person to come cleanse the house.
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 9:51 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• i would def believe him and look in to what autbot said we had a ghost in our last house who would case our son to wake up and scream if we were not hold ing him in our room (we later found out a woman who deathly hated children died in that room)
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 9:54 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• well girl i know i believe in sprirts...i was brought up to believe that when you see black sprirts thats the devil angels and they fight with God's angels to get that person on their team.....so pray over him and stay strong in the Lord faith and let the devil know he can't when this battle...i hope that make sense it was kinda hard getting my words together on tis one
    mztxdelta

Answer by mztxdelta at 9:55 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• autbot, it's not my house. It has no history. It's me. These things like me. Everywhere I go I pick up if there is something there. My father says that we have some spiritual sensetives in our family. I never told him. My daughter has pictures of her in various places with orbs, and lights and stuff when she was a baby too. I feel really uneasy, but like I said, I don't want to freak out either.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 9:56 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Wow that is creeeeeepy!!!

Have you ever seen the movie "The Fourth Kind"?? That totally freaked me out and I wouldnt rule out the possibility. I agree with autbot. If it keeps happening then seek some spiritual cleansing of your home.
    mercilove

Answer by mercilove at 9:56 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• ok, normally I'd say it's one of those things, that just about any place has spirits of some type or another and they are usually just hanging around. But since we are talking about black ghosts which often turn out to be not something you want in your house, I'd see about calling someone in to clean the house out.
    do you know anyone in the area of Chinese medicine? perhaps a priest who can refer you to get some help?

feel free to PM me. I don't want to scare your son, but I wouldn't wait on this.
    I hope your son is OK.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:57 PM on Mar. 9, 2011