Just a thought....

My friends and I think this: unless you SEE a baby coming out of a woman's vagina DO NOT assume she is pregnant. If said woman tells you she is, or her DH says she is, then it is acceptable to ask about pregnancy. I thought people knew this already. My DH knows this so that tells me that he is very smart man. As a grown woman who knows some times people are just FAT, I know not to rub some woman's bulging belly and say, "Are we expecting?" or "I didn't know!" I know people make mistakes, but this is some thing easily avoided by people using common sense!!! Now that my rant is over- let's make this a question....have YOU ever asked a woman if she was pregnant because you thought she looked it, or have you been asked if you were when you weren't?

Mrs.B3

Asked by Mrs.B3 at 9:51 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I don't bring up anything about a woman being pregnant, even if she visibly is, until she does first..cause if she isn't, I refuse to be THAT asshole, lol. The only time I ever have is with Our Family doctor/my gyno. I had seen her for the first time a few weeks before seeing her the second time..she is a tiny woman, so when I saw her baby bump the second appointment, I motioned to her belly and "This is new, I didn't see that last time!" lol. She thought it was funny, but she is a cool freakin' doc, anyway. But yeah..I won't say anything otherwise. I am too scared of being wrong..I would feel AWFUL.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 10:11 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Wow, I just saw my neighbor and she looks a little pregnant. I decided not to ask her. Im going to wait and see. Your post was right on...thats wierd :)
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:54 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I know better to ask. But I have been asked and I'm not even close to big. I just get a poopoo belly sometimes haha *dies*
    spastic_poodle

Answer by spastic_poodle at 9:53 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• LOL. No, but you're right, people should know better than to ask. They should also know better than to tell a pregnant lady (who they know is pregnant) "wow, you're HHUGE!" My DH did this to a mutual friend in the grocery store the other day and she said she thought he'd know better than to say that (since he and I have six kids). LOL
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:56 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I haven't when I was at work but there was this mentally challenged girl in the store and she was talking to this woman and kept trying to rub her belly and ask her about the baby. The woman was really nice but when the girl left the woman turned to me and goes. "I'm so not pregnant, I just never lost the baby weight from my son-he's 11!" I about died laughing and high-fived her.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 10:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• i know better not to ask. it really hurts feelings especially when it's someone who just gave birth and still has most of the belly, but you don't know the baby just came out if it's not with her at that moment.

my dad doesn't have this common sense thing. the first thing he said to me when he got off the plane coming to be there for me during the birth was god you got fat! i just turned around and walked away. he said what, no hug. i said not til i get an apology and you learn not to say everything that crosses your mind. ( i have a body dysmorphic disorder because of all his life long comments) and the first time he called my daughter fat i told him if he ever did it again he would never see his granddaughter again. and now she's 3 and i've yet to hear him say it again. goal for me! if only i wouldv'e stood up for myself when i was little.
    mrs.trial

Answer by mrs.trial at 10:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• My mom has! It was too funny because I was just thinking who is dumb enough to ask some one if they are pregnant. Some people are just fat in the belly. It was funny to watch my mom embarrass herself.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 2:48 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I thought I wasnt allowed to blame my gut on my 11 year old anymore, glad I can still do it!!!
    anyway I have never been sure so I just avoid the question, they are strangers its not my business!
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 10:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I have never asked a woman if she was pregnant. I have been asked when I was not. A cashier at Wal-mart asked me one time, just because I was buying diapers. It was winter and I had a coat on that was buttoned up, so she could not have seen my belly. When I told her I was not, she said, "Thought you were because you were buying diapers." If she would have looked at the size, she would have known I was buying diapers for a 1 year old.
    mlanderson

Answer by mlanderson at 10:17 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I haven't because I know better, and I haven't been asked, but I have overheard someone asking a woman one time and she went OFF lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:55 PM on Mar. 9, 2011