How long after a missed period did it take you to get a positive hpt?

I'm three days late. I took a test the first day of my missed period and thought it was positive, the line was really light. I took a digital test which came back negative and I went to the doctor for a urine test which also came back negative. I took a test this morning and it was negative. I'm curious if this has happened to anyone else when you were actually pregnant? I had also took provera Jan. 28-Feb. 6 because I was having irregular periods (every 2 weeks). Could the provera be the cause of my missed period?

kvanness0824

Asked by kvanness0824 at 10:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I don't know anything about Provera so I can't help you there. It could be that your cycle is actually up to a week off. Hope it's sorted out soon.
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 10:09 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I got my + before I was even due to start. With all of mine.
    Anonymous

• I got a positive test about 3 weeks after I missed my period. Before then, they were negative and I just thought I had the flu and missed because of stress.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:53 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• My first, I got a positive four days after my missed period. With my other two, 5 and 6 days before. I miscarried twice and they were positiive on the day my period was supposed to start. Some women do not test positive for a while. Test first thing in the morning if you can.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:00 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I was on birth control when I had missed my period (Yaz) and I thought it was normal. I just switched over from Depo to Yaz and didn't think anything of it when I first missed my period. All I could think of was "Finally!"... until weird things started to happen to me. I was extremely tired (I thought it was swim class though, so that was pushed aside)... I started to get real picky with food... which I thought was normal because I got tired at eating at the same places... then, the weirdest part happened... I don't drink coffee often, but I do love it. I had a cup of delicious coffee but after I drank it, I never felt so sick in my life.... I get migraines so I thought, well maybe it was that... things started to add up (I mean I was taking 2-3 naps, having trouble focusing in school).. I thought my bodyt just adjusted to my changed body because I just started losing weight again... one night I just thought well...
    soulmeetsbody19

Answer by soulmeetsbody19 at 1:45 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I don't think I am but what if? Bought the test at WalMart and bam.. I was pregnant. Everything I justified for something else was actually because of my body changing due to being pregnant.. what can I say? Talk about being ignorant. I've never been pregnant before so how would I had known. I'm lucky I found out when I did (7 weeks prego).. if you even have the slightest suspicion I think it's better to be safe than sorry.
    soulmeetsbody19

Answer by soulmeetsbody19 at 1:47 AM on Mar. 10, 2011