Can you die of heartburn?

Of course I'm just joking but geez Louise! It's SO bad and all I can take are Tums. :(

EwansMommy

Asked by EwansMommy at 10:06 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• there is an over the counter medicine my dr told me about... Zantac 150 take it 2 times a day... it helps me
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 2:33 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• your going to have a hairy baby or at least one with a full head of it. oh goodness i could eat tums like they were candy. and i would sleep all proped up in bed because of it or just sleep in the recliner. i feel for ya.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 10:08 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• It sure feels like it sometimes
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:08 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• i was going to say i never heard it before maybe you never know lol... heartburn sucks so much!!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 10:08 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I just texted H on his way home from work asking him to pick up a recliner on his way home. lol I'm going to have to sleep propped up for sure.
    EwansMommy

Comment by EwansMommy (original poster) at 10:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Oh and also, at our ultrasound last weekend she showed LOTS of long hair so you're right about that!
    EwansMommy

Comment by EwansMommy (original poster) at 10:12 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Ugh I feel you. I have been having heartburn every night for the last couple months. I pop Tums like I'm some sort of junkie. I actually had to take Zantac my last pregnancy it was so bad. Thank goodness it doesn't last forever, that's all I gotta say.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:13 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I think the acidity can cause issues in the esophagus...so maybe that could kill ya!
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 10:18 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I had heartburn so bad with both of my kids. I was prescribed Protonix to help. The Tums only turned it into fruity flavored heartburn.

While they were prepping me for my emergency C-section with my son I had been off the protonix for a couple days and laying flat with my arms out straight was the final straw. After not letting me sit up the second time I felt like puking I vomited all over the anesthesiologist's patent leather shoes. They gave me a foul tasting lemon flavored SOMEthing to control the heartburn induced nausea for my daughter.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I feel your pain!!! I also have acid reflux and cant take anything for that!!!
    michellesgirls2

Answer by michellesgirls2 at 10:53 PM on Mar. 9, 2011