Do i say it first?

I'm pretty sure I love my SO..... we've been together over 6 months and he keeps making comments that he has "caught feelings" and he treats me like a Queen... We connect on every level and everytime I think about him I can't help but smile. He makes me so happy...But I don't want to say if first. I've never told anyone but family that I love them first...This man has done so much for me and we are so good together but I'm so scared of geting hurt. Do I take the leap?

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 10:21 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• I think since this is on your mind, you should be honest with him. You don't have to start out by saying that you love him, but discuss your feelings toward him and ask about his. Once the conversation gets going say what you feel at the time. If it means saying that you love him first, then express it. His reaction may or may not be what you want, but at least you'll know where you stand and where the relationship is headed. Sounds like you've already taken the leap with your emotions and would like to know if he is willing to take that leap with you. Unfortunately, disappointment and hurt are facts of life and often come with love, but to suppress your feelings will only end up frustrating you as time goes on.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:39 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I believe in being honest. If you love him tell him how you feel. There is a good chance he's just scared and waiting for you to say it first too.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 10:29 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• If you feel it and want to say it, and think he feels the same, go ahead and say it. My SO said it first, but I was getting ready to when he did it. We were both scared to be the one to say it first. But somebody's gotta go first.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 10:32 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• lol, I said it first in a freudian slip, we were talking on the phone and I had another call, I said "love you, bye" and hung up. He called later and told me he loved me, I didn't say it again until we were together.
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 10:32 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I think you should tell him how you feel. He may be feeling the same, just scared to tell you for fear of you not feeling the same way he does. Someone has to go first.
    mlanderson

Answer by mlanderson at 10:32 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I don't use the "L" word myself. I show it but won't say it.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:33 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• do u think that might be pride in that.. no really think about it?
    nicoleNjeanna

Answer by nicoleNjeanna at 12:51 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• No that will cool him off, let him say it first then you say it...for some reason men don't like the L word so I wouldn' use it yet. I didn't tell my Husband I loved him until he told me first and now all he says is I Love You Honey all the time throughout the day when he's at work etc.
    So let him make the first move and you will feel more comfortable about the relationship....
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 12:57 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I believe when it comes to love there shouldn't be any pride, you go ahead and tell this man you love him life's too short. GL
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 1:53 AM on Mar. 10, 2011