My daughter is waking up now!

I don't understand but since about 9months my daughter has been waking up not crying or anything she just wakes up and talks to herself and just lays awake. I have read books on setting bedtime routines and she's been on the same routine since she was really little. Only small things have changed like I used to rock her til she got sleepy or just til she drank her bottle now she lays awake and I read her a story and then leave the room. I have tried moving her bedtime from 7 to 8 still didn't work. Im not understanding why she wakes up every night there are very few nights when she will sleep the whole way through? What else can I do for her to help her sleep through the night. She's only 13months

lil_shannie

Asked by lil_shannie at 10:23 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Honey, rejoice that she's a happy baby. Just sit back and smile at the baby babble she's making. I don't know how many times I'd wake up listening to my children talking to themselves. Sometimes I'd even creep down the hall and crack the door open to hear better.

I wouldn't worry unless she starts to fuss or cry.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:38 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I wouldn't worry as long as she is content. Both of my younger kids would wake up in the middle of the night and talk to themselves. They rarely needed me, except for DD having the occasional shoe crisis. They are older now. I know that my 11 yr old still wakes up at night. She'll sometimes turn on the light and read or pet the cat instead of chatting.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:51 PM on Mar. 9, 2011